Gov. Bill Lee signs new initiative to improve lakes in the state
TENNESSEE (WNBJ) - Governor Bill Lee and fishing legend Bill Dance have announced a new initiative called Bill Dance Signature Lakes to improve Tennessee lakes.
This new initiative aims to increase visitation to the lakes around the state and to honor Dance’s legacy.
The Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency and the state of Tennessee will invest $15 million dollars into improvements both above and below the water at 18 lakes.
Tennesseans will benefit from increased stocking, habitat, and fisheries management, as well as improved access to fishing and boating.
The list of lakes in our area is below:
Lakes in our Area:
• 1000 Acre Lake, Huntington, TN (Carroll County)
• Brown’s Creek Lake, Natchez Trace (Henderson County)
• Pin Oak Lake, Natchez Trace State Park (Henderson County)
• Pickwick Lake, Pickwick Landing State Park (Hardin County)
• Travis McNatt Lake, Big Hill Pond State Park (McNairy County)