Main News Anchor ssissippi
Waypoint Media has immediate openings for a main anchor team based at NewsHub in Little Rock, AR.
This is a unique opportunity to work for one of the fastest-growing ownership groups in the industry.
The Main News Anchor will lead the evening and late weekday newscasts. The position is Monday – Friday.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Anchor a variety of newscasts
• Reviews copy and correct errors in content grammar and punctuation in alignment with editorial style and formatting guidelines
• Pitches stories to news managers and news producers which are relevant to the local community
• Ensures that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality
• Writes stories for the on-air broadcasts, the web, and other digital platforms
• Interacts with viewers/users in person and on social media sites.
• Mentor younger journalists in the newsroom
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad-lib when required
• Minimum three years experience in news reporting or anchoring
Salary & Benefits
• Health & Dental Insurance
• Paid Time off & Holiday Pay / Time
Candidates must be able to successfully complete a background check and drug screen.
Please email a cover letter, video reel and references to Shawn Reynolds, Group Director of News and Content at email@example.com.
No phone calls, please.
Multi-Media Journalist in Meridian, Mississippi
Twin States News has an immediate opening for a news reporter who can build sources and dive into local issues. The ability to write clean concise stories, meet deadlines, juggle multiple assignments, and planning ahead is critical. This is a fun position with an excellent news staff looking to hire a candidate that will add strength to our already strong staff.
Generate story ideas independently and collaborate with producer on daily news and enterprise stories.
Produce multimedia content with a digital-first, TV best philosophy.
Write news stories that can help drive online traffic.
Video skills, necessary
Social media posting
Story Assignments Include:
City & County Government
Some General Interest
Preferred 2+ years of experience working in a TV newsroom.
Organized to meet deadlines.
Dedicated to fair and accurate reporting and who can skillfully relay both the hard news and the human-interest story.
You would be applying for a position with an 11-year-old family-owned media company in beautiful East Central Mississippi. Located 2 hours West of Birmingham, 3 hours North of New Orleans and 3 hours Southeast of Memphis. Meridian is the operational hub of Waypoint Media & the economic center of the twin states area.
Waypoint Media is focused on bringing engaging content to television, web, mobile and radio broadcasting to our growing audiences. We are not afraid to make the changes necessary to be successful. Our success is the result of an extraordinary team and a dedicated management who work together toward a common vision.
Writing and video samples will be requested of qualified candidates.
Job Type: Full-time
News Reporting: 2+ years (Preferred)
Journalism: 2+ years (Preferred)
Meridian, MS (Required)
Salary & Benefits:
Health & Dental Insurance
Paid Time Off & Holiday Pay/Time
Candidates must possess a valid driver's license & clean driving record and be able to successfully complete a background check and drug screen.
Please email a cover letter, video reel and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls, please.
Group Executive Producer
Are you a great writer and producer? Looking to move up to a Group management role? We are looking for a dynamic leader capable of supervising multiple newscasts, anchors and producers simultaneously. As Group Executive Producer you will be responsible for overseeing the growth of more than a dozen local newscasts per day.
NewsHub in Little Rock, Arkansas is the central newsroom serving our growing group of network affiliates, plus additional broadcast groups. We are broadcasters who believe in local television, quality local newscasts and having fun in a great industry.
The successful candidate will be an experienced local news producer with a minimum of three years to five years of experience, be able to demonstrate creativity and quality of local news production and the ability to teach others.
If you are this person, please send us your resume and a link to your newscasts.
NewsHub is an equal opportunity employer.
WNBJ-NBC 39/CW 39, a part of Waypoint Media, is looking for a Multimedia Journalist. You will be responsible for developing, investigating, writing, shooting, reporting and editing stories of interest. Must generate story and source contacts, and enterprise stories daily. Delivers reports of high visual and ethical standards, using creative ideas.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Strong on-camera presentation skills required
• Excellent interview and communication skills
• Must be able to write in a clear, concise, and conversational manner
• Strong research skills, including the ability to navigate online search engines and use Social Media daily, posting, sourcing and promoting news stories and coverage
• Strong initiative and attention to detail is required
• Basic computer knowledge including newsroom software, Microsoft applications and Internet use
• Ability to work well with others and independently with limited supervision
• College degree in Journalism or related field
• Must hold a valid driver’s license and a good driving record
• Ability to shoot/edit video, ability to work independently as a “one man band”
• Meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure
• You will also be required to represent WNBJ at community events during some evening, weekend and early morning hours
Please send your resume, cover letter and a link to your demo reel to:
Peter Noll at email@example.com
WNBJ and ENBJ (NBC 39 and CW -Broadcast television and Multimedia) in Jackson TN, is seeking a confident, professional, fun, teachable, honest, passionate, go-getter, aggressive marketing consultant to work in the Jackson market. We are the home to WNBJ 39 News and we want someone who can connect with clients and help them achieve their business objectives through effective Broadcast television and, Multimedia digital advertising. The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication skills, an enthusiastic and outgoing personality with a drive to succeed. Most importantly, we are looking for a hard-working marketer who wants to have FUN at work, while helping local businesses grow.
Your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
• Generate revenue for the stations, and meet monthly goals through effective outside sales techniques
• Develop new business through selling commercial advertising time and Multimedia digital products.
• Create and present advertising strategies and ideas for local businesses incorporating broadcast television, and multimedia digital solutions.
• Provide input on sales promotion ideas to sales management
• Retain current business and develop new business contacts
• Understand the business objectives and advertising strategies of clients, find ways to help them achieve their objectives with Broadcast television and Multimedia Digital solutions.
• Strong organizational, written and presentation skills
• Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Ability to build and maintain positive customer relationships
• Competitive, persuasive, energetic and self-motivated
• Ability to overcome objections
• Working knowledge of new media, digital interactive initiatives and social media required
• Outside media sales experience preferred but not required
• Enjoy a fast-paced environment with a desire to win
• Professional appearance a must
If you are interested in marketing broadcast television and multimedia digital solutions, we want to hear from you. Salary plus commission career opportunity.
Waypoint Media is an equal opportunity employer.