A rare and exciting opportunity is now available at the NBC/CW station in Jackson, Tennessee. WNBJ is looking for a “can do” Production Director who will lead the commercial and promotions production of our NBC and CW affiliates. We are a newer station that is still growing and the Production Director will be an instrumental member of our team. You will handle commercial conception, scriptwriting, shooting, and editing for WNBJ clients. You will also help promote the station by producing on-air promotions for NBC and CW. If you have a “MacGyver” attitude - this could be a dream job!
• Work with sales team to meet with clients in the conceptualization of commercials
• Write, shoot and edit client commercials and on-air promotions
• Work closely with sales to maximize station branding and revenue
• Develop relationships with local clients, venues, and community leaders
If you are interested and want to know more, please send your resume and examples of your work to Peter Noll at email@example.com.
WNBJ and ENBJ (NBC 39 and CW -Broadcast television and Multimedia) in Jackson TN, is seeking a confident, professional, fun, teachable, honest, passionate, go-getter, aggressive marketing consultant to work in the Jackson market. We are the home to WNBJ 39 News and we want someone who can connect with clients and help them achieve their business objectives through effective Broadcast television and, Multimedia digital advertising. The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication skills, an enthusiastic and outgoing personality with a drive to succeed. Most importantly, we are looking for a hard-working marketer who wants to have FUN at work, while helping local businesses grow.
Your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
• Generate revenue for the stations, and meet monthly goals through effective outside sales techniques
• Develop new business through selling commercial advertising time and Multimedia digital products.
• Create and present advertising strategies and ideas for local businesses incorporating broadcast television, and multimedia digital solutions.
• Provide input on sales promotion ideas to sales management
• Retain current business and develop new business contacts
• Understand the business objectives and advertising strategies of clients, find ways to help them achieve their objectives with Broadcast television and Multimedia Digital solutions.
• Strong organizational, written and presentation skills
• Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Ability to build and maintain positive customer relationships
• Competitive, persuasive, energetic and self-motivated
• Ability to overcome objections
• Working knowledge of new media, digital interactive initiatives and social media required
• Outside media sales experience preferred but not required
• Enjoy a fast-paced environment with a desire to win
• Professional appearance a must
If you are interested in marketing broadcast television and multimedia digital solutions, we want to hear from you. Salary plus commission career opportunity.
Waypoint Media is an equal opportunity employer.
WNBJ-NBC 39/CW 39, a part of Waypoint Media, is looking for a Multimedia Journalist. You will be responsible for developing, investigating, writing, shooting, reporting and editing stories of interest. Must generate story and source contacts, and enterprise stories daily. Delivers reports of high visual and ethical standards, using creative ideas.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Strong on-camera presentation skills required
• Excellent interview and communication skills
• Must be able to write in a clear, concise, and conversational manner
• Strong research skills, including the ability to navigate online search engines and use Social Media daily, posting, sourcing and promoting news stories and coverage
• Strong initiative and attention to detail is required
• Basic computer knowledge including newsroom software, Microsoft applications and Internet use
• Ability to work well with others and independently with limited supervision
• College degree in Journalism or related field
• Must hold a valid driver’s license and a good driving record
• Ability to shoot/edit video, ability to work independently as a “one-man band”
• Meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure
• You will also be required to represent WNBJ at community events during some evening, weekend and early morning hours
Please send your resume, cover letter and a link to your demo reel to: Peter Noll at firstname.lastname@example.org